Thursday, May 4, 2023

The Betrayal Chapter 20



Excitement about the new life

6 months later
Musuku and Masala have been engaged for over three months now and things have been going great since they last made up after the break they had.
They will be getting married in 3 months time and Musuku has been excited about it since, she and Munangwa decided they would be getting married on the same day to minimize costs and also to ensure they both have the perfect weddings they always dreamt of.
The guys have been hanging out a lot and discussing how they could blow the girls minds away and what kind of rings they should get them.
Most of the expenses were being paid for by Masala since he was the rich one among all of them and he had no problems.
Chidzima was now working in one of Masala's companies as the managing director, the dough was coming in big time and he had already started renovating Munangwa's house.
The four are now looking into buying their own houses as they plan to come back to their own houses after their honey moon.
Musuku calls Munangwa to arrange their house hunting date and find out if Chidzima is free to tag along, the girls have been given the upper power to choose the house as this will be their big gifts from their husbands.
"Hey girl, where you at? Should we come over and pick you guys up or will we meet by the mercury square?" Musuku asked.
"let us meet by the Mercury square, I want us to ride together, Masala and I will swop cars or you and Chidzima so I can ride with you, I have things to talk to you about n private" Munangwa responded.
"Alright then bye see you in 15 bits" Musuku said then hung up.
She then called Masala to ask where he was and to tell him to come pick her up so they could go to the mercury square.
Musukus POV
We got to the square and just as I was about to get off Masala pulled me back in and asked where I was going then he pulled me into a deep kiss before releasing me and telling me "now you can go Mrs Masala to be".
I was dumbstruck and I exited his car and went into Chidzima's one while Chidzima went into Masala's one.
"Hello you, how are you doing?" I asked my best friend as I hugged her.
She hugged me back and she had a strange look on her face.
I remembered the dream I had the previous night of a crying baby who was reaching out for me because some evil forces were trying to draw out her soul.
I told Munangwa about it and she started to cry, we swooped seats so I could drive and I asked her what was wrong as I hugged her, she just continued sobbing uncontrollably and the next thing I heard a loud knock on the window.
It was Chidzima and he wanted to know if Munangwa was okay and why she was crying, we told him she was okay and that he shouldn't worry about her, he walked around the car to go open her door side and then pulled her into his arms and kissed her forehead.
I couldn't help but think they are very adorable and I am happy my friend is getting married to someone who really loves her.
"Will you be okay? Are you sure you do not want me to drive with you?" Chidzima asked as he wiped away her remaining tears.
She nodded reaching out for the tissue I was handing over to her then she blew her nose and smiled like she wasn't the one who was crying at all.
We drove to the La Mocha suburbs as we wanted to view a few houses from there; it is like the Beverly Hills and Sandton of South Africa.
We got off and walked to a park since the guys had not arrived, I wanted to get to the bottom of why my friend cried earlier.
"Start talking, I cannot have you behaving that way again" I said as I looked at her seriously.
"I'm pregnant and I have been having this dreams of spiritual warfare, they want to kill my baby and I wake up tired from fighting every day" she said as she started to sob.
"Oh my goodness babe, so it's your baby that I have been seeing in my dreams all this while? Why didn't you tell me about this sooner?" I asked as I hugged her once more.
"Musuku I am tired, these people will not leave my baby alone, I haven't even told Chidzima about the pregnancy and already I am bothered by the thoughts that I might be losing my baby before even holding her" she said as she wiped her tears.
I saw the fear in her eyes and I felt sorry for her "My little Munangwa, when will you ever understand the power in you though? I guess I will have to mother you till the rapture comes, come now close your eyes let us get rid of this bad dreams clearly you are not ready to be seeing things as yet" I told her.
I prayed for her and intervened for her dreams and revelations to be passed on to me so that I may stand in the gap to fight the battles for her.
Just as I said amen, the guys arrived and we went house viewing, the first house we went into was a double story, the walls were painted in white and there was a lot of glass going on, the rooms were very spacious and the decor was to die for, it felt like my mini heaven on earth.
What I loved was the driveway, the spacious yard, the garden landscaping and of course the glass swimming pool, it had a garage that could fit 6 cars, a cottage outside and the colors that complemented the white walls were warm and earthly.
There was a walk in wardrobe which could make two more other rooms out of it and that just excited me more.
We viewed two more houses one was much of a glass house and it was 15 minutes away from the previous house and the last one was a triple story with everything anyone could ever want in a house.
We decided to buy the first house we viewed and Munangwa and Chidzima went for the glass house, the location was absolutely fabulous as it was a 30 minutes drive to the shopping malls and all the fun stuff, it was located in a hill and the view of the rest of the city was just splendid.
We drove back home after signing the ownership documents and then made a transfer of R 8 million, that was how much our house cost.
Munangwa and Chidzima transferred R 3.5 million for their house and everything was sorted, what remained would be the buying of furniture and incorporating our own personal touch to the look of our houses.
After the house shopping Munangwa and I were over the moon thinking of how shopping would be so much fun whenever we went out, I had a godchild coming  and a new house to fill with new things, how exciting.
We got home and just as I was about to say my goodbyes a call came through Masala's phone and he answered it, it was Masala's cousin Tendani and he was telling Masala that he just came from hospital with his wife and finally she is pregnant.
I could hear the excitement over the phone and I could see how Masala was also happy for them, then he said "so does this mean I have been relieved of my obligations?" the answer was yes man, you can go ahead and marry whoever  you want to, you can even do it tomorrow if it pleases you.
I looked at Masala and I saw there were tears in his eyes, I asked him what was wrong and he told me they were tears of joy because he has been relieved of the family obligation he always worried would come between us.
"What family obligation is that baby? You never told me anything about that" I asked him.
All of a sudden he was uncomfortable talking to me and it seemed like he was eager to go home "uhm nothing you should worry about babe, I never told you because I feared you might leave me, anyway it's all over now and I can be happy with you, nothing can ever come between us" he said as he squashed me in a hug.
I hugged him back and still wondered what this obligation of a secret could be, whatever it was; it gave me no peace at all.
"I know you are saying I should not worry but I would really like if we did not keep secrets away from each other, what is this obligation?" I asked holding his hand.
"well just promise me you are not going to freak out when I tell you because it is kind of huge you know and again promise you will not be angry at me or call things off cos if you do I will die" he said to me with a stern look on his face.
"well get talking already, I am all ears" I said as I felt my heart gain weight in my chest, to be honest I was afraid of what I would hear and I was not comfortable with the setting of not being able to react to it if it would be too much for me to handle.
"since the day I started living with my aunt, I had an obligation to make kids for my cousin with his wife because they believed he is not able to make them on his own as they once sacrificed with his seeds when he was still a baby, my aunt is a witch and to upgrade her powers she kept sacrificing with her son's body parts, first her three daughters died after she sacrificed their whole bodies eventually and that left the remaining son Tendani" he explained.
"Okay so then his wife is pregnant now, I believe that is what I overheard on the call, OMG is she carrying your child? Masala did you cheat on me?" I asked feeling light headed and ready to run out of his car..............
Cliff hanger??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Addictions and the Manifestation of Demonic Influence

The drapes hung torn and sagging, like the weary souls lost in the darkness of addiction. Addiction is not just a physical or ps...